Sunday, July 27, 2008

One IITian @ a Call Centre

Right so first things first i am NOT A FAN OF THIS BOOK. I havent read it too. So please dont ever think that. . But anyways dont want to digress too much from the point. This post is not about the book , its about (you guessed it) ME.

This post will again be about MY job at Futures First (continuing with my narcissistic pledge) and the numerous nice things i have heard in relation to it. I really like my job. To be honest i never thought i would like it. I was very disappointed during the placements and was wondering if i had made the correct choice but as things stand i really really enjoy my work.

Reasons for that
* It is actually new and different and challenging every day, keeps me intrigued and engaged and involved all the times
* The most important ones
I Only work 4 hrs a day. ( Which means on a per hour payment basis i guess i did land up with the best job from iit delhi cos i dont seem to kno anyone else working this less. So ya guys those who landed up GREAT jobs and have become hotshot consultants gud for u but luck did smile on me too :) )
My job starts at 7 pm.
Hence the title if you have not guessed it by now. People, the very friendly people in our society: my parent's friends, my neighbours seem to very interested in my job for some weird reason and keep asking about it. And when they come to know of the timings everyone goes into a hush hush thinking "poor boy , such a bright chap ( which i always was btw) works in a call centre after graduating from iit". And then on a consolatory note add that "chalo noida me hi hai wo achha hai" :P. Its quite funny and irritating at the same time. Another interesting thing is the way they react when they ask the name of my company. Now i agree my firm is not MICROSOFT or THE MOST FAMOUS COMPANY in the world but the point is that these people who ask me about my job wouldnt know a horse's shit about most of the day one companies as well so since u dont kno beyond the hcl's and the infosyses of the world why do u ask this question? And then the look they give after obviously not hearing the name of my company. "Achha.....*silence*......chalo achha hai bachhe settle ho gaye hain hum to bas chahte hain sab khush rahe" Many in fact MANY have even thought that i am working in Kishore Biyani's Futures Group(this includes the soon to be scholars of Berkeley) which I AM NOT. Well these people would remain the way they are. Hope i get some more interestin stuff from them to post here soon
Till then lets sign off..
Sayonara

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

about the highest pay per hour... I agree, that way it is the best job...

but till khullar was joining opera, I had the best job - decent pay and the best possible entertainment package too!

but opera's loss is lucknow's gain...

Arpit said...

poor call centre employee.. tch tch :P
on a brighter note, why dont you actually join a call centre in your spare time?? in consultant-speak i believe this would be called income maximization or some such thing... :D

Kaala Kavva said...

hahaha.. shabash chopda shabash

IPsum Informer said...

tsk tsk
i feel your pain..
my brother from another mother..

Phoenix said...

@arpit

He already has a 9-5 job. In IIT. That one spends money. Only this one generates.

@UC

With the aforesaid combination, you have the most enviable job profile in the entire city, perhaps. I wish it also had more perks though, like free and real bhuttas to take home once in a while

Anonymous said...

Yeah... and free corn cheese bakes... yummmmm yummmm..... :P :P

Anonymous said...

Nice blog...I had the same kind of experience when I got into IIT..."aapka beta IIT mein ho gaya ...chalo achha hai....kaunsi branch mein huya hai...Achha civil mein...hmm (silence)"